The world of education is evolving, and with it, the opportunities for aspiring educators looking to specialize in the impactful field of early childhood education. Today, many respected institutions offer comprehensive Online Early Childhood Education Programs to cater to students balancing work, family, and educational aspirations. We’ve compiled a well-researched list of top online schools providing quality education right at your fingertips. Let’s dive in!
Here’s what we’ll cover in this post:
- Benefits of Online Early Childhood Education Programs
- Top Accredited Online Schools for Early Childhood Education
- What to Look for in an Online Early Childhood Education Program
- How to Get Started with an Online Early Childhood Education Degree
Benefits of Online Early Childhood Education Programs
Before we look at specific schools, understanding the benefits of online education, especially in the field of early childhood education, can help you determine if this path is right for you. Bold text benefits include:
- Flexibility: With online programs, you can study at your own pace and schedule classes around your existing commitments.
- Accessibility: Distance is no longer a barrier. You can access course materials and connect with faculty and peers from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Variety of Options: Online schools often offer a wider range of courses and specializations that might not be available locally.
Top Accredited Online Schools for Early Childhood Education
The highlights of the online institutions listed below are their accreditation status, variety of early childhood education programs, and robust student support services.
|University of Washington
|Bachelor’s and Master’s in Early Childhood Education
|Varies by program
|Regional Accreditation (NWCCU)
|BS in Elementary Education, MS in Early Childhood Studies
|Approx. $325 per credit hour
|National Accreditation (NCATE)
|Arizona State University
|Bachelor of Arts in Education in Early Childhood Education
|Approx. $600 per credit hour
|Regional Accreditation (HLC)
What to Look for in an Online Early Childhood Education Program
Selecting the right online school requires careful consideration of various factors to ensure the program meets your personal and professional goals.
- Accreditation: Verify the school’s accreditation status, as this will affect the recognition of your degree and your professional licensure prospects.
- Certification Preparation: Look for programs that prepare students for teacher certification in early childhood education.
- Curriculum and Specializations: Ensure the coursework aligns with your career aspirations and check if there are opportunities for specialization.
How to Get Started with an Online Early Childhood Education Degree
- Research and Compare Programs: Gather information on various schools and programs to compare your options.
- Check Admission Requirements: Make sure you meet the qualifications and prepare necessary documentation.
- Apply for Financial Aid: Look into scholarships, grants, and loans options if you need financial assistance.
- Enroll in Classes: Once accepted, enroll in your classes and start your journey to becoming an early childhood educator!
Frequently Asked Questions For Online Schools That Offer Early Childhood Education: Top Picks!
What Are Accredited Online Schools For Early Childhood Education?
Accredited online schools for early childhood education include Walden University, Kaplan University, and the University of Phoenix, which offer programs that meet industry standards and receive formal recognition by official educational bodies.
Can You Earn An Early Childhood Degree Completely Online?
Yes, many universities provide complete online degrees in early childhood education, allowing students to study flexibly from any location.
How Long Does Online Early Childhood Education Take?
Typically, online early childhood education degrees take about four years for a bachelor’s program, though some schools offer accelerated courses that can shorten this timeframe.
What Are The Costs For Online Early Childhood Programs?
Costs for online early childhood education programs vary widely, with some schools offering courses at as low as $250 per credit hour, and others charging significantly more, depending on the institution and program specifics.