But for this, it is not enough to give the first bouquet that comes across: the choice of flowers for a birthday must be approached thoroughly.
Table of Contents
Bouquet Selection Rules
The very first thing you can do is ask your wife what kind of bouquets her mother prefers. If there is no way to contact your spouse, or she does not know what flowers your mother-in-law likes, just follow these rules and tips:
- First, consult a professional florist and ask him what kind of bouquet he would recommend presenting.
- Avoid colors that are too bright – they are usually given to your girlfriend to express feelings, so you may be misunderstood.
- Do not choose flowers with dark buds: birthday is a bright holiday.
- Give preference to bouquets with light or pale pink buds. So you can hint at the wisdom and grace of a woman.
- Florists also advise choosing flowers with large and open buds – this means that the beauty of a woman has fully revealed itself and is now in its prime.
- Pay attention to the packaging. The gift must be beautifully decorated! Ribbons, artificial dewdrops and the addition of small flowers to the arrangement are encouraged.
What Flowers to Choose?
Now you know how to correctly make a bouquet as a gift for your mother-in-law. Each of the flowers symbolizes something different, so choose flowers depending on your idea:
- Rose flower. It’s rare to find a woman who doesn’t like roses. No wonder this flower is called “royal”, and it is very appropriate for a birthday.
- Lily. The lilies presented represent love and understanding.
- Knapweed. This flower will hint at the grace, beauty and simplicity of your mother-in-law’s character.
- Orchid. By donating orchids, you will hint to her that she is persistent in achieving her goals.
- Callas. The donated calla lilies will celebrate the importance of the mother-in-law in the family and the fact that her word is listened to.
- Chrysanthemum. The chrysanthemum composition is a symbol of longevity, health, happiness and family.
- Carnation. Present a carnation to your mother-in-law and you will emphasize her love of freedom, faith and charm.
How Many Flowers Should There Be in a Bouquet?
Well, the very last, but no less important question: “How many flowers should there be in a bouquet?” Most men are often confused and give either too luxurious bouquets or rather simple ones.
Men, don’t buy bouquets with 3 flowers for your birthday! Because of such a modest bouquet, you may be considered stingy. But do not rush to give 101 roses either – it will be superfluous, you will be misunderstood.
For such a day, bouquets of 7 flowers are suitable, depending on the flowers you choose and their sizes, or a lush but inexpensive composition.
Picking up flowers for a mother-in-law’s birthday is a very simple and creative task. Try not to neglect the gift and be sure to pay attention to the mother of your beloved woman: this way, you will gain loyalty from her side, please the person and let her once again be convinced of the right choice of her daughter.
More Birthday Gift:
- Best Gift for Scorpio Woman
- Best 25th Birthday Gifts for Girl
- Birthday Gift Ideas for Lady Boss
- 65th Birthday Gift Ideas for Mom
- Best 40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Sister
- Best 45th Birthday Gift Ideas for Sister
- Best Birthday Gift for 11 Years Old Girl
- Best 40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Women