Last Updated on April 28, 2021 by Mary J. Grice
Birthday Gift Ideas for Teachers: Teachers are probably the people who spend the most time with children. It is from teachers that schoolchildren receive knowledge. Thanks to their mentors, they broaden their horizons, open up new horizons for themselves, and receive answers to many questions. Educators help students prepare not only for school and entrance exams but also for adulthood.
The class teacher literally takes all his students by the hand through difficulties, from grade 5 to the moment when the last bell rings for schoolchildren. Such dedication and love for the profession deserve respect. Therefore it is impossible to ignore the teacher’s personal holiday – his birthday.
If you are planning to make a joint gift from the students and the parent committee, then you should get together in advance and discuss what to give the teacher for his birthday. To make the gift truly successful, consider aspects such as the teacher’s hobbies and interests, his work schedule and the specifics of the subject he teaches.
Original Birthday Gift Ideas for Teachers
When planning an unusual gift for a teacher, ask about his hobbies and interests. Then you will definitely come up with good ideas for a presentation. It will be very pleasant for a beloved teacher if his students not only prepare a birthday present but also demonstrate respect for the interests of the teacher. If you don’t know anything about a hobby, you can simply invite the mentor to have fun and learn something new together.
1. Picnic in Nature
Invite the teacher to go on a picnic or camping trip with you in the vicinity of the city. Surely the workload does not allow the teacher to make such excursions often. You can even go on an overnight camping trip with your guitar, tents and sleeping bags. After a joint hike, you will have many common photos and pleasant memories.
2. Photo Session
Organize a photo session and invite your favorite teacher to it. Surely he himself will not make such a gift for himself due to lack of time. But the teacher will definitely not refuse to attend a specially organized event for him.
3. Sweatshirt With a Name
This sweatshirt can be worn at an informal event or worn at home. A warm sweater with an original print and a funny inscription will delight both men and women.
4. Stand-bag for Feet
Such an original footrest in the form of a small hammock clings to the desk below, and while working with notes, the teacher can put his feet there.
5. General Trip to the Theater
You can suggest going to a concert or a museum. The cheerful and fiery atmosphere of the concert will help the teacher to escape from work and relax. In a theater or museum, the teacher will be able to broaden his horizons, enjoy a relaxing holiday and a change in an everyday environment.
6. Blanket With Sleeves
This is an excellent gift as it can be used during chilly evenings throughout the school year. You can wrap yourself in a blanket at home. Also, the teacher will be happy to take such a product with him to nature.
7. Excursion to the Hippodrome
This trip is guaranteed to leave the most vivid and pleasant memories in the teacher’s memory. Horseback riding will help the mentor relax, feel his connection with nature, and streamline his thoughts. Not every person is lucky enough to receive such a gift.
8. Concert Program
An entertainment program from the whole class will delight the teacher. You can ask the parents of the students to take part in organizing the holiday. Prepare a stand-up presentation, and then invite the teacher to the festive table.
DIY Birthday Gift for Teachers
For every teacher, the most pleasant gift is one that grateful schoolchildren made with their own hands. It doesn’t take long to buy something in a store. But the original present, made with his own hand, will always remind the mentor of the love and respect of each student.
The mention of hand-made gifts brings to mind the ridiculous postcards and crafts we all did in grade school. But after all, with some effort, perseverance and perseverance, you can create a real masterpiece. It’s great if there are guys in your class who draw beautifully, embroider or make appliques with their own hands. Items made using the “hand-made” technique are of great value due to their originality and uniqueness.
1. Embroidered Napkin or Cape
Such a gift will delight a woman teacher. You can cross-stitch with ordinary threads or beads. The teacher will keep this present with great gratitude.
2. Knitted Products
You can knit a scarf or shawl. Checking notebooks, the class teacher with great pleasure, will throw a warm product over her shoulders.
3. Application Paintings
In their manufacture, you can use herbarium, sea pebbles or shells, threads, beads and even homemade cereals. On the Internet, you can find a lot of ideas on how to make such applications. A good option is to get together after school with classmates and discuss the upcoming craft. Have each student share their ideas.
4. Papier-mache Crafts
These are original and unusual objects that can flaunt on the teacher’s desk, recalling the hardworking hands of each student.
5. Geometric Shapes Created With a Soldering Iron
If there are boys in the class who know how to handle a soldering iron, you can make original metal structures of geometric shapes that the teacher can demonstrate in class. Such gifts can be presented to a teacher of geometry, physics or chemistry by soldering out the structures of atoms and molecules.
6. Photo Album With Photographs
Buy a big beautiful photo album and paste the teacher’s photos into it. Come up with original captions for photos and highlight several pages in the album so that each student can write wishes and congratulations.
7. School Model Made of Cardboard or Plaster
Here, too, you need perseverance and creativity. Although the craft will not be easy to tinker with, the result is worth it. Organizer with sweets. In a large office folder, insert a few sheets of hard cardboard, on which you want to make small “pockets” for sweets. Fill this “organizer” with chocolates, coffee or tea bags. This will provide the teacher with a sweet snack for the month ahead. The teacher will be very pleased to drink tea and chocolate during recess.
8. Decorations for the Classroom, Living Room or Study
It can be a decorative tree made by hand. You can string beads, beads, coins on tree branches, or even decorate the product with photographs of students. This will be a memorable gift that the teacher can keep for many years.
Homemade gifts are considered the most pleasant and sincere. They will remain in the teacher’s memory for a long time. Another advantage of such surprises is the ability to make them to students of any grade. Putting your soul into your surprise, you can surprise the teacher with a unique gift.
We have selected the most common and uncomplicated ideas for a do-it-yourself presentation:
- a bouquet of paper flowers;
- a poster on which each of the students can write their own wishes;
- drawing, postcard or applique from each student;
- paper fakes in the form of a flower or bird;
- a composition of sweets in the form of a figurine (figure eight, piano, school desk, etc.);
- Needlework (warm knitted scarf, handkerchief or embroidered tablecloth).
Lots of training videos and instructions will help you make such a present without errors. This will make the teacher happy even for elementary school students.
Gifts From the Parent Committee
When parents are involved in the process of preparing a gift, then we can already talk about a more expensive present. Perhaps representatives of the older generation will put forward their ideas to help determine the purchase.
1. Desktop Safe
They can be a book or a globe. This will be a small secret box where the teacher can put small items.
2. Nice Clock
This is a status gift that will emphasize the solidity and seriousness of a man. Wristwatches can also be presented to a woman, but the fair sex, as a rule, are more demanding of such accessories. If you want to buy a present for the class teacher, you can warn her about this and show several suggested options. It is better to arrange such gifts in advance.
3. Media Player
With the help of such a device, it will be easier for the teacher to conduct lessons. Having installed a video player in the classroom or study, he will be able to show students scientific films.
4. A Leather Briefcase or an Elegant Wallet
Such a gift will suit both a man and a woman. You can combine a portfolio and a folder or a folder and a leather cover for documents in a set. Try to choose products in the same style, or buy everything in a set right away. It will be great if an individual engraving or monogram is made on leather products.
5. Computer Chair
You can buy leather, with orthopedic back support and various adjustments. It’s a pleasure to work in such a chair. Since teachers spend most of their time at their desks, spinal care is essential. The educator will appreciate your concern and will appreciate the gift.
Teacher Gifts From the Whole Class
Buying a general gift for March 8 from the class most often falls on the shoulders of the parents. His choice is complicated by a narrower list of suitable options than for loved ones. But still, there are a lot of interesting and relevant ideas that will suit the teacher:
- An encyclopedia is a valuable and common gift for a teacher. When choosing, one should take into account the profile of her teaching subject.
- A vase is a classic surprise for most women. It is best to choose an original model with an unusual shape or engraving. Excellent addition to the vase will be a bouquet of flowers.
- A picture for embroidery is for a teacher who loves needlework. It can be embroidery with beads, diamond stones, threads or ribbons. A suitable frame can be donated with the painting.
- Jewelry box – for jewelry or other valuable trifles. For example, a small chest or a big box in several tiers.
- A silk scarf that will harmoniously complement any style of clothing.
- Personal diary. With it, the teacher can plan her day or take important notes. And a personalized inscription on the cover will make the gift more valuable.
- A humidifier is a device that can be used both at home and at work. A small, compact model won’t take up a lot of desktop space, but it will bring many health benefits.
- A flashcard is a necessary thing for modern people. A flash drive with a large amount of memory will be most relevant for the teacher, as it will save a lot of information for children. If you want to make a gift more personalized, then engrave it on the surface of the flash drive.
- An e-book is a modern and useful gadget that allows you to collect a huge library on one device.
- A wireless computer mouse is a convenient thing to work with. It will make teaching lessons easier because you no longer have to think about constantly getting in the way of wires.
- A flexible keyboard is a simple, convenient and functional thing that can be used both at work and at home.
- Computer glasses. Today teachers have to spend a lot of time at the computer. That is why special glasses will be a valuable gift for them.
- The orthopedic chair is the perfect gift for a teacher who has to spend most of her time sitting. But such a present is expensive, so it is recommended to give it only to the class teacher.
- Bio fireplace, which will make any home warm and cozy.
- A set of dishes. Beautiful and high-quality dishes will delight any woman, even a teacher.
- The coffee maker is for the teacher who loves this invigorating drink.
- Small household appliances. For example, a toaster, waffle maker, mixer, or crepe maker. They are inexpensive, but they will always come in handy in everyday life. A more expensive option for this category of presents is a multicooker, bread machine or microwave oven.
- The globe is a suitable gift for a teacher. Especially when it comes to a geography teacher or elementary school teacher.
- Desktop organizer, thanks to which there will always be ordered on the teacher’s table.
- Night light or table lamp. If you do not know the style of the interior of the teacher’s home, then choose the classic lamp model. It is also recommended to choose a luminaire with the ability to dim the lighting.
- A compact weather station will help you to always be aware of the impending bad weather.
- An electronic photo frame, in the memory of which you can throw several photos of the whole class in advance.
- A set of decorative pillows with a photo. Joint photos of the whole class will keep the children in the teacher’s memory for a long time.
- Gift certificate to a perfume or cosmetics store. Even a teacher is still a woman who cares about appearance. But it is not recommended to give them cosmetics or perfume, as there is a high probability of losing money with your favorite brands. Such a gift can be replaced with a gift certificate.
- A beautiful indoor plant – for a lover of greenery. A variety of shops will allow you to choose the right flower for any taste: from dense greenery to abundantly flowering plants.
- A gift certificate for a master class, course or photo session is a gift that combines business with pleasure.
Any gift for the teacher on March 8 can be supplemented with a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates.
Individual Gifts From the Student
Many children want to independently congratulate their beloved teacher on March 8, giving her a personal present. We have collected the most suitable gift options that are inexpensive and will be pleasant to the teacher.
- Book. An interesting book edition will always be a valuable gift for most people. But don’t donate a book on a subject taught by a teacher. An interesting detective story or novel would be more appropriate. You can also choose a collection of poems or a book with original recipes.
- A box of chocolates. A set of delicious sweets will delight your favorite teacher.
- Eastern sweets. Usually, they are sold in small sets, which already contain different types of goodies.
- A set of tea or coffee of different varieties. A coffee lover can be surprised by an unusual chocolate or vanilla drink. And for the tea connoisseur, you can buy several different fruit varieties.
- Book holder with an unusual shape. Teachers constantly deal with books, so such a holder will become a practical present for them.
- Phone stand. Today every person has modern gadgets. A nice stand will make using the phone easier and more convenient.
- A small wall clock that the teacher can hang in the classroom.
- A small umbrella with a cute print. It is best to stick with neutral colors that suit any style of clothing.
- An exhibition ticket is the perfect cultural gift. It can be an exhibition of paintings, sculptures, etc.
A present presented to a teacher personally from a student can be small and budgetary. This should be a kind of sign of attention, showing that you value and love your teacher and not an attempt to bribe him with expensive gifts.
Inexpensive Gifts for the Teacher
March 8 is not only a period of congratulations and receiving gifts, but also a period of high costs for the purchase of these very gifts. This is why setting aside a large sum of money for a gift for a teacher can become difficult. We have collected some interesting gift ideas for teachers that will not hit your budget:
- Mug. Today you can find a mug “for every taste and color” on store shelves. For example, a teacher can be presented with a mug that changes its color depending on the temperature of the water. And a circle with a photo of the whole class will always remind her of her beloved students.
- Glasses case. This option is suitable for a teacher who uses glasses.
- The office is a gift that will never be superfluous or inappropriate for a teacher.
- A notepad is another essential item for anyone whose work involves a lot of information.
- Gift wrapped pen is a popular present often given to business people. Name engraving on the handle will emphasize its status.
- Towel with congratulatory embroidery. This can be one large bath towel or a set of small textiles.
- A small sand painting can be placed on the table. In addition to being able to contemplate a beautiful landscape, it also has a calming effect.
- Topiary is a stylish table decoration.
- Desktop or wall photo frame, which is desirable to complement with a good picture.
- A photo album where you can fill the front pages with pictures of the teacher and your class.
- Magnet with a photo of the class or the teacher herself.
- A keychain with an unusual shape or with a photo print.
- Stylish wooden bookmarks for books, which can be applied with an unusual pattern or inscription.
- A birthday cake that you can buy at a candy store or bake yourself.
Any gift can be successful and useful, despite its cost. In particular, the choice of inexpensive gizmos is relevant if you need to buy gifts for several teachers at once.
Gifts That Are Not Recommended to Give to the Teacher
When choosing a present for a teacher on March 8, you should adhere to certain frameworks. The gift for this category of persons should be formal and appropriate. There are several options for things that are not recommended to give to the teacher:
- Jewelry. Most adult women prefer precious metal jewelry. That is why, in this case, presenting jewelry made of cheap metal or plastic is not appropriate, even if the jewelry is very beautiful. If you decide to please the teacher with a piece of jewelry, then choose only gold or silver.
- Personal hygiene products. Teachers should not be given such a personal present.
- Trick gifts – they are appropriate for friends but not for the teacher.
- Household kits, i.e., means for washing and cleaning the house. Such gifts are undesirable for any woman.
- An animal. It is recommended to give pets only to close people. For a teacher, such a gift will not work since you do not know if she wants to have an animal at all.
- Underwear – such gifts are indecent to give to all strangers.
It is very easy to make a mistake when choosing a presentation for a teacher, even if she has been teaching children for a single year. It is strictly forbidden to give personal gifts because the teacher is not your friend or relative.
When choosing a birthday present for a teacher, consider aspects such as age, habits, the specifics of the subject taught by the teacher. In many cases, gifts such as books and dictionaries should be left on store shelves since the teacher already has enough such items. It is better to give him an original and unusual gift that will diversify his life and cheer him up.
You Are Also Interested in
- Best Birthday Gifts for Friends
- Best 50th Birthday Gifts for Mom
- Best Birthday Gift Ideas for Mom
- Best Gifts for Geography Teachers
- Best Gift Ideas for History Teachers
- Best 70th Birthday Gift Ideas for Men
- Best Birthday Gift Ideas for Women Leader
- Best Birthday Gift Ideas for Boys at School