We were thinking of what to give your mom for 65 years? We have 55 great ideas for that. The list of gifts is divided into sections: for health and comfort in everyday life, wardrobe and accessories, birthday and commemorative, home appliances, for hobbies, impressions, and also made by hand.
Table of Contents
65th Birthday Gift Ideas for Mom
Gifts for Health and Comfort in Everyday Life
Mom’s health comes first! But it depends not only on medicines but also on what surrounds her in everyday life. Such things will be discussed in the first section.
- Smartwatch – Buy exactly those that can measure heart rate and blood pressure. Such watches also have a pedometer function, which will not interfere with the fight against physical inactivity.
- Tonometer – At this age, the pressure should be measured every day, at least for prevention, even if the mother does not complain about her health.
- Salt Lamp – This is a natural ionizer – salt “lampshade” when heated; forms negatively charged particles combined with moisture. Through this process, the air in the room is purified.
- Orthopedic Mattress or Pillow – If mom complains of insomnia and headaches, is it because of an uncomfortable bed?
- An Electric Blanket or Electric Sheet – Elderly people often suffer from cold, even if the apartment is warm. This is a feature of the body. Therefore, it will not be superfluous to buy additional heating for sleeping.
- A Pillbox With a Timer – With such a gift, mom will never forget to take the pills at the appointed hour. The pillbox is divided into slots for the necessary pills, and the timer will beep at the right time.
- Orthopedic Shoes – It can be both outdoor shoes and house slippers. If mom’s legs often hurt and swell, then the gift will be beneficial, only it must be bought in a specialized store.
- Belt or Corset on Wool – Pain and “shooting” in the back are reasons to buy such a gift, especially if mom is afraid of drafts. Dog, sheep, or camel hair will help her with these ailments.
- Hearing Aid – If a mother has hearing problems, even small ones, then such a gift is simply necessary. A behind-the-ear device with gain control for various degrees of hearing loss on batteries.
- Home Simulator – Movement is life, but if mom rarely goes outside, then she can “wind kilometers” at home with the help of an exercise bike, or just work out with a universal expander.
- Therapeutic Sleep Mask – The VEGA 3004 mask will be a good gift. It can be used simply for sleeping, to protect the eyes from the light, or for medicinal purposes. Inside it is a gel that needs to be frozen to help relieve swelling around the eyes.
- Illuminated Magnifying Glass – It can be manual or tabletop on a stand with a holder. With such an optical device, you can perform jewelry handicraft work or read the fine print.
- Massager or Massage Cape – The manual massager can be mechanical or electric with attachments. And if mom has no one to help massage on her back, then a cape that can be placed on the chair will do.
- Phone With Large Buttons – In old age, modern novelties are not so interesting. Therefore, when buying a phone for mom, first of all, pay attention to the fact that it is convenient for her to use it.
- Blanket With Sleeves – Well, this gift is needed for warmth and home comfort. The most essential thing in it is that your hands remain free. You can lie or sit in an armchair, fully covered, while doing handicrafts or reading.
Wardrobe and Accessories
All gifts in this category should be refined and elegant, and of course, taking into account the mother’s taste. Older people do not like to change their habits, so they will not work to “impose” a gift.
- Fur Coat – An excellent gift for a beloved mother, especially if the climate in her area is very harsh! It can be from expensive natural fur, if finances allow, or from artificial, but in any case, lightweight and with high-quality tailoring.
- Gold Product – For this age, large ornaments with an ornate frame are preferred. Stones in them are only welcome – from multi-colored semi-precious to diamonds.
- Stone Talisman on a Chain – If mom believes in astrology and amulets, then give her a pendant with her stone. For example, a lion needs amber; a scale needs amethyst, an Aquarius needs aquamarine, and so on. Let him wear it on his chest.
- Party Dress – A gift in the subject if a big celebration is planned for the birthday, and mom has no new clothes. So buy her a bright dress, feminine and solemn at the same time, but most importantly – according to her taste.
- Personalized Dressing Gown With Embroidery – Floor-length, with a hood and a belt, made of 100% terry. And as a “highlight” you need to place an order for embroidery on the back of the robe. It can have initials, mom’s name, short inscription, or drawing.
- Clutch Bag or Wallet – It can be a small handbag-envelope for going to the theater or restaurant. Alternatively, you can take a clutch bag with multiple compartments for cards, business cards, and cash. A loop on the wrist is provided for carrying.
- Silk Scarf – The color depends on the mother’s taste – the shawl can be plain or painted. Sizes also matter – from a scarf to a long scarf in the shape of a snood.
- Summer Hat – Many older women love the elegant style, so a graceful summer hat is a must in their wardrobe. It can be a straw or light-colored fabric headdress.
- Fan – Quite a functional gift that saves you from the heat. But it can also be a beautiful accessory for a lady’s dress or costume. For example, a Japanese silk fan or fluffy feathers.
- Opera Glasses – And this is also an accessory and a very aristocratic one, particularly for a woman who loves to go to the theater. So give your mom such lorgnette binoculars with a handle.
Birthday and Memorable Gifts
These are the presents that will always be in sight. Looking at them, my mother will remember her 65th birthday and those who presented her with these gifts.
- Portrait From a Photo in a Frame – This portrait will be done on canvas and attached to a stretcher, and the structure and size can be chosen as you like. Various options are possible: a historical image, a pencil sketch, or a portrait from words.
- Gift Diploma on a Plaque “the Best Mom in the World.” – This is a personal diploma with honors in the specialty “Foundations of a Happy Family.” The document even has the seal and signatures of the commission members – that is, adult children.
- The Complimentary Newspaper “Pravda” in the Frame – Mom probably remembers such a newspaper from the USSR times and knows how honorable it was to become a front-page hero! This time she will become a heroine – with a photo and a laudatory article.
- The Book “Truth” About the Birthday Boy – And this is a very serious print edition, compiled from the biography of the hero of the day – from birth to the 65th birthday with photographs from a personal album. Everything is designed in the spirit of the USSR on 100 sheets in a gorgeous cover.
- Large Family Book-album With a Pedigree Tree – But this book can be compiled by the birthday girl herself – from building a family tree to memories and historical dates.
- Gift Book-album “Recipes of Our Family.” – My mother wrote another book. She will be able to enter the recipes of her signature dishes for posterity into it. The cover is made of leather with gold embossing and patterns.
- Medal or Order – The present is both serious and comic at the same time. It can be presented during a festive toast. You can order a personalized engraving with the date and supplement them with an award certificate on a medal or order.
- Award Statuette – “Oscar,” “Nika,” or some other award is known to the world. The statuette is coated in gold or silver and comes in a variety of sizes. There is a plate on the pedestal that can be engraved.
- Lamp With a Photo and an Inscription – An exciting, memorable gift, plus the decor for the room. And there is also an inscription on it – “Beloved mother,” you just need to send her photo to the online store.
- Birthday Tea Set With Glass Holder – Silver-plated or gilded cup holder with the date of the birthday and the same spoon. As well as a crystal glass and gift wrapping.
Well, what about the modern world without electronic assistants ?! A woman especially needs them in years – to quickly and simply manage the business during the day.
- Lighting Device – Lighting is essential for comfort. Therefore, take as a gift something to choose from – a chandelier, a sconce, a night light, a projector, or a floor lamp – something that will harmoniously fit into the interior of your mother’s house.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaner – Mom will be very happy with such a gift! You don’t even need to think about the cleanliness of the floors; the electronic “crawler” will do everything by itself – it will clean every corner, roll the cat and return to its base. But such a miracle technique.
- Sewing Machine – Electromechanical or electronic – which mother will be easier to adapt to. Let the birthday girl do her favorite needlework and sheathe the whole family, at least for little things.
- Washer – This is the main assistant at home, without her in the modern world at all. The machine should have a variety of functions – from delicate washing to light ironing and drying. Well, so that it does not take up much space.
- Mini Oven – Sometimes it is difficult to cope with the oven built into the stove, especially if mom does not like to bake pies on gas. But such a compact device does not take up much space on the table and bakes evenly.
- Juicer – A gift for a summer resident mother, who has every apple in the garden filled. Children and grandchildren will come to a country house, they need fresh juice for breakfast, and for the winter, they need to roll a lot of natural drink cans.
- Multicooker – And such a present is needed for a busy mother who does not sit idle and cannot keep track of everything. With such a slow cooker, the milk will not run away, and the porridge will not burn, and you can also stew roast and bake muffins in it.
- Convection Oven or Double Boiler – Machines for tasty and healthy food. They are especially necessary if the doctor has prescribed a diet for mom. Vegetables can be cooked without oil, and there will be no trace of fat left on fish and meat.
- Music Retro Center – Its design will appeal to the birthday girl – it resembles her youth’s technique: radio and multipurpose player (on which you can even listen to vinyl records).
- Notebook – Also a necessary gift for modern people of any age. Thanks to a laptop, you can find out the news, and communicate in social networks, and contact your family via video.
What hobbies can a mother have at this age? Most often, these are handicrafts, gardening, and cooking. Well, here are five good gift ideas for you on these topics.
- Sets for Needlework – All types of embroidery – cross-stitch, beads, sequins and newfangled diamond, topiary, sewing of soft felt toys, lace-making, and flerovium. Everything can be bought.
- Craft Box or Organizer – Of course, such a gift should have an interesting design and have several levels with cells. You can put threads, ribbons, beads, accessories, and tools there.
- Handicraft Table – For mom, you need to organize a workplace – a machine should fit on a wide sliding tabletop, and there should be space for cutting, and on the sides, there are many drawers with departments.
- Garden and vegetable garden tools – They don’t have to be bulky, so it’s best to buy a set that fits into a small suitcase. It contains small rakes, shovels, gloves, and pruning shears.
- Sets for Decorating Dishes – A syringe or pastry bag with attachments for decorating cakes and pastries or a set for carving (this is the art of artistic cutting for vegetables and fruits).
How can you surprise your mom? A surprise, of course. Thanks to such gifts, you can cheer up, improve your health, and return youth and beauty.
- SPA Certificate – When choosing such a present, it is important to consider which procedures are useful for the mother and which are contraindicated. You can buy a specific service certificate for a therapeutic massage, body wrap, or water treatments.
- Beauty Salon Certificate – It is a gift that is best given before the birthday so that mom can do her hair, makeup, and manicure for her holiday. By the way, as an option, you can order a home service.
- Inviting Artists or Shows for a Birthday- But this present will be a surprise! You can order local artists to perform in a restaurant, outdoors or at home.
- Tickets for the Event- At least two tickets – for the birthday girl and her guide. The best options are a theater or a concert of your favorite performer, so carefully study the posters in your city.
- A Voucher to a Sanatorium or the Sea – Such a gift will cheer you up and add health. Choose the proven option – comfort in the room, healthy food, included services, and the necessary procedures (if it is a sanatorium).
And also, if you have a good imagination and right hands, you can independently make a gift for your mother for 65 years. Each description from these five ideas is accompanied by a video guide with a master class.
- Crochet Shawl for Beauty and Warmth in One Evening – A chic coverlet on the shoulders, which is crocheted from Caucasian yarn. Choose your favorite color for your mother and start knitting slowly, because it will take you a little time to make a shawl.
- Neck Scarf – Amazing two-in-one decoration. You will need a 75x75cm neckerchief, beads of different sizes, crimps, jewelry cable, threads, magnetic lock, two side clips, a cone, and a protector.
- Scrapbooking Photo Album- It can be done by someone familiar with this technique because the video only shows an overview of an already finished album. But even for a beginner, everything will be clear, because manufacturing is not difficult at all.
- Slideshow of Photos and Music – First, you need to pick up your mom’s photos, from her childhood to the present, and make art slides. And secondly, to put on them the favorite music of the birthday girl.
- Rocking Chair – A wonderful gift from my son, only for its manufacture, you need equipment and the appropriate tool. But how pleasant it would be for mom to relax on such an armchair, knowing that it was made with love.
Having decided on a gift, do not forget to order your mother’s favorite flowers! It will be great if there are exactly 65 of them in the bouquet – by the date of the birthday. She will remember them!
You Are Also Interested in